Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The best laid plans of mice and men...

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

This verse is one of my favorites and often I find myself not following it. Isn't there a joke that says if you want to make God laugh then tell him your plans? I think God laughs at me a lot. I like to plan. I think most people have some idea of a plan they would like. Go to school, get married, win the lottery, have no debt, make millions, own an island... you know the small things in life. For most women it is that they can choose when to get pregnant. Spend x amount of years on birth control and then toss them and throw caution to the wind and 9 months later a baby is born. Boy has society given the wrong impression about being in control of oneself and making your own decisions in regards to birth control. I wish I had known what I know now when I first started taking birth control. I was given birth control around age 16 for my PCOS. I did not know it was PCOS then but just that I had irregular cycles and that birth control regulated them... or so I thought. I highly recommend Taking Charge of your Fertility for any woman who wants to know more about her body and how it works. It is not only for women just trying to conceive.

In other news I had an upper GI on Monday. (see rant below) My Dr. finally called with the results. " He saw the same thing the other Dr. saw in the endoscopy findings" Oh Gee thanks! But I guess that is good that an ulcer isn't what caused the blood when I puked. I guess I am just odd and occasionally throw up blood? The other day my husband said to me " You are just like your mom. There is always something wrong with you and they can never find out what it is and eventually it goes away" They do say the apple does not fall far from the tree and I guess I inherited all my moms odd medical happenings. I would post about her but you would still be reading about her medical issues 72 hours from now. Let's just say that she is that 1% that the Dr. warns you about. Like this procedure blah blah blah has these possible side effects but that only happens in 1% of patients. My mom is that unlucky 1% every time. EVERY time.

Now I am just waiting for my current insurance to end so I can get new insurance with maternity. :-) We also have to schedule DH's urologist appointment. How do you convince a man to see a Dr.? Well the other day I noticed swelling on DH's side and asked him what was going on. He had a previous hernia when he was younger and the swelling was near his scar. I told him he should call the Dr. and have it checked out just to make sure it wasn't a hernia. Dh freaked out and went first thing the next morning convinced he was dying. It really did not help that the Dr. told him to watch for signs of appendicitis just in case. She said she figured it was just a pulled muscle but in the tiniest chance it wasn't to watch it. I had to listen to him whine and complain about dying until I talked him off the ledge and told him he would be fine.


1 comment:

Cameron said...

Getting a man to go to a Dr. is such a PITA! ugh :(

I have to agree that reading TCOYF is one of the best things I ever did. It's amazing all the things that I had no clue about. Talk about an eye opener...