Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

My husband's dad came to visit us today for the night on his way to a conference in Myrtle Beach. It was nice to see him again and we took him to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. To combat large crowds and get more people in and out they took out the waiting for table section and put picnic tables in its place. I do believe this was a fire hazard. I felt bad for the wait staff that had to push through the large crowd at the door to get to the people sitting in the area. The large amount of people waiting for tables were crowded at the entry so it was hard to even move around. It was not good for my claustrophobic self. I do not like other people touching me either. I had to get out my hand sanitizer when we got to the table.

I am glad this holiday is over because that now means we are through Mother's and Father's day and I won't have to think about them till next year and by then hopefully I will be pregnant with baby C. On Mother's Day our church had all the mother's congregate at the front of church while we prayed. I think I was one of 10 women who were still seated...I felt awesome. They did the same thing for Father's Day today but they also played a slideshow of pictures of all the father's at our church.

Tomorrow I have an Upper GI scheduled to find out the source of blood. I think I puke more than the average person but that was the first time blood ever came up.

Last year around this time I was having my Upper Endoscopy because I had puked EVERYTHING I ate for almost a whole month. Zofran became my new best friend halfway into the month. It was a great weight loss plan but not so good for having any energy at all or being able to work efficiently. Thankfully I was one of two women at my job and I was really close to my coworker. Anyways they told me they couldn't really figure out what was wrong with me.

They did however run a biopsy and print out a sheet of pictures and a description of what they found. I took this information and plugged it into Dr. Google and came up with my own diagnosis. The sad thing is I then went to my Dr. and he agreed that was probably what was wrong...Go ahead and give me my M.D. thank you very much. I have a hiatal hernia. I have a schatzki's ring. They told me this on my picture sheet. This shows I have had acid reflux that has gone untreated for years and finally it got so bad I had a allergic reaction in my throat. The biopsy found Eosinophilic esophagitis. Go ahead and try to say that three times. I dare you to try and say it once.

The only thing they started treating me for was the EE. I had to spray flonase into my THROAT 2 times a day and I couldn't eat or drink anything for 4 hours after that. NASTY stuff. Yea so I kind of suck at taking medication. It lasted about 2 weeks until I could eat again. I was also put on Omeprazole. I take 2 tablets twice a day. Well I am supposed to...I try to. I have to take it 30 minutes before a meal. Do you always know when you will eat 30 minutes later? Neither do I.

So wish me luck for tomorrow that this time I won't have to diagnose myself.

No comments: