Thursday, June 24, 2010







Fresh Blackberry Cobbler from cooks.com
1 stick butter
1 c. milk
1 c. sifted flour
1 c. sugar
1 qt. blackberries

In bottom of baking pan or large baking dish, melt butter. Add milk; do not stir. Sift flour and sugar; add to dish. DO NOT STIR. Add blackberries. Bake at 325 to 350 degrees until crust rises to top and browns.

If you are like me you do not have time to sit and watch your cobbler bake until it browns. I found another recipe that said bake for 30-40 minutes so I used that. In the last 10 minutes though I realized that it also said 375... so I upped the temp and cooked it about 10 minutes longer. I had issues with being told not to stir and I will admit I didn't stir the milk and butter but I did pour the sugar/flour mixture over the blackberries and coated them before adding them to the mixture.

It was super easy to make and I let a 3 year old help me. It turned out great and everyone loved it.