Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My girl loves blueberries



I took my little one to pick blueberries and blackberries today. She was in a great mood when I arrived in the morning so I knew it was going to be a good day. We sang and danced in the car on the way to the farm. We applied our sunscreen and had our water bottles. I don't like blueberries but it was fun to pick them. She didn't want to leave and I kept finding her sneaking a few into her mouth in between picking.
My day ended early and I headed over to another friends house to work on a school project. Her 6 year old put up with me asking her question after question and finally I think I got what I needed. Even though I was off early today I didn't really use my time wisely. I got home took the dogs out and fed them and then I laid in bed and cried. My mom called and it was good to talk to her. I think I have made the decision that I don't want dh to come this weekend. I think it would be good for us to be apart.
We saw Toy Story 3 at the Imax. It was really good and had I of not been in a crying mood I don't think I would've cried but I am glad I didn't take the 3 year old to see it. It has a few intense moments and I noticed I wasn't the only one to cry.






2 comments:

Cori said...

YUMMMY those berries look delicious!!!

Cameron said...

I'm glad you enjoyed berry picking with your little charge. Hopefully she had a great time. You know you're a great nanny, right? She's lucky to have you :)

Having a weekend without DH is definitely a good thing once in a while. I don't regret my decision to stay home while B. went to the beach this weekend.

Don't forget that sometimes you just need a good cry. (I usually enjoy mine while watching The Last Unicorn at home alone..... pathetic right?) I hope things will start looking up for you soon.